"Move over, Radio 4. This ensemble scripted comedy about a pair of doomed undertakers is funnier than anything broadcast on the BBC. Siblings Rudyard and Antigone Funn battle to keep their undertaking business on the small island of Piffling going after a new competitor arrives in town." - Caroline Crampton, The New Statesman - The Best Podcasts of 2016
"The Archers meets Six Feet Under." - Front Row, BBC Radio 4
"Inspired comedy." - John Bungey, The Times
"Very funny." - Charlotte Locke, WIRED
"Hilarious ... the podcast equivalent of 'impossible to put down'." - Aja Romano, Vox
"Shades of Fawlty Towers, The Black Adder, The Office, and likely a good number of other Brit-coms I'm not familiar with, all while being completely original." - David Steinberg, The Huffington Post
"Mark my words; this release of this funny, clever, independently produced sitcom marks a quietly significant moment in British radio comedy, when the BBC networks stopped being the only conduit by which top-rank young writers and actors got their wares to market. It's not that podcast sitcoms haven't been made before; it's that this one is, for the first time, as good as anything you'd hear on Radio 4. Created by a 27-year-old writer called David K Barnes, it's set on the small (and, I should point out, fictional) Channel Island of Piffling, and centres upon Rudyard Funn (Felix Trench), the stiff-necked director of the island's only funeral home - who's seriously put out by the arrival of a dashing, instantly popular new undertaker called Eric (Tom Crowley). Highly recommended." - Pete Naughton, The Daily Telegraph
"Raises the bar for podcasting as a whole." - Laugh Out London
We Love Bloggers
- Do you run a great blog and want to write about Wooden Overcoats?
- Do you want to interview one of our cast or crew, or need a bit more information on the show?
- Are you looking for a guest writer for a post on podcasting, radio or comedy?
- Do you just want to say hello?
We love hearing from you on firstname.lastname@example.org
Wooden Overcoats on the Radio
- British Podcast Awards 2017 Best Fiction Podcast Silver WINNER
- Prix Europa 2016 Nominee
- Audioverse Awards 2016 Best Original Large Cast Long Form Comic Production WINNER
- Audioverse Awards 2016 Best Performance of an Actor in an Original Leading Role for a Long Form, Large Cast Production WINNER
- iTunes Best of 2015